Friday, April 18, 2014

I'll Miss You Pierre

So, for those of you who don't know who Pierre is, he's the adorable little parakeet in the video below;

I don't really know what to say actually. I just found out that my friend and pet bird Pierre passed away yesterday. I was going to write a big post on how much I miss him, but now that the initial shock has worn away it just sounds stupid and cliche in my head. I only had Pierre for about a year, but we'd gone through a lot together including 4 moves and close to a thousand miles in between. I guess I already knew he was going to die soon (he was a really old parakeet) but it still hit me pretty hard when I found out and I'm not ashamed to admit that I did a fair amount of crying. There's just a point when pets stop being animals and become family and I have strong tendency to get really attached to them.

I don't really know what else to say. I feel pretty emotionally dead after all the crying I did and that makes for really poor creative writing skills. I'll probably write another post when I'm in a better state of mind for writing.

Apologies,
~Nyx

1 comment:

  1. I loved this video because as of this past month, Heather had been preferring to practice in the studio/ your old bedroom on the keyboard lately. She said that Pierre had even started singing along whenever she played. She loved how he always perked up whenever he heard music. :o)

    ReplyDelete