Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Reasons I Hate Facebook


Reason One: Those stupid captioned pictures that say things like, "If you don't like this then you are a horrible person", or "'Like' If You Support Cancer Treatment Development". Really, never expect me to like something that SAYS for me to like. EVER. Or forward email's to me that tell about the same thing.


Reason Two: "Inspirational Pictures". If you want to post pictures, then that's fine. But if you image search "Inspirational Pictures" and then post everything you find to Facebook one after another, I WILL unfriend you.

Reason Three: "You're special if you can read -OR- "Only 2/10 people can read this/do this/be this. Are you one of those two?"

Reason Four: Facebook Drama. I mean, seriously. This is the internet. I'm not gonna burn on anyone for having real life problems, I have them too. But I'm not gonna post everything bad that's ever happened to me since the day I was born either. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but when I get on Facebook I don't want to hear about your problems.

Reason Five: Facebook debates. Whether it be a political debate, a game debate, or a debate on whether or not someone you've never met should treat their ex differently, it's not worth putting up. Nothing anybody ever said on Facebook changed anybody else's mind. Ever.

Reason Six: People who are all like, "You need to change your profile so people can't look up your personal information". Yes, it's important to preserve your personal identity while online, but honestly. The fits some people throw over this are ridiculous.

Reason Seven: "Ppl who talk liek this whnvr there talking or ppl who dnt know how too use the forms of "to" and "their" correctly." Go back to school. If you don't have the time to write a proper sentence then you probably don't have time to be on Facebook either.

Reason Eight: ""X" HAS SAID SOMETHING ABOUT YOU! SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY TO FIND OUT WHAT THEY SAID!" -OR- "Two of your friends like this. Two is a significant number enough for us to bug you about it all day until you finally give in and just click on the freaking link so that you can get bugged some more." -OR- "We know we've asked before, but are you SURE you don't know these people?"

Reason Nine: Facebook provides a means of communicating with people. There are a thousand and one ways to do this. Facebook is worth $4,162,640,760.00. (Guys. That's a TEN DIGIT NUMBER. Do you understand why this seems wrong to me?)

Reason Ten: Facebook is for noobs. But I have to use it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. Don't worry though. We can still be mostly-friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am _not_ a noob. Why? You'll never find me on Facebook. :P

    ReplyDelete